PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 14th Dec 2005, 18:36
RileyDove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless - You are clear and precise in what you think John Kerry
did in helping the U.S loose the Vietnam War. Much as John Kerry and the likes of Fonda and other peace activists did to bring it to an end - I think the true blame can be put at the feet of some of the political decisions. The premature stop to the bombing of Hanoi which was demoralising the enemy and the inability to do anything about ships docking with SAM's had a lot more to do with it. Mr Kerry did his bit - I am sure with more research you will find that he did nothing there at all and it was all a dream he had . Faced with a choice however I am sure George W got the better posting ! Indeed why would he want to boast about being in Florida during the Vietnam War?
As for giving support to the enemy - your 'war on terror' was always fought abroad prior to 2001. He however had our war on terror at home a long time before the U.S felt outrages at home.
Indeed for a number of years the U.S was a refuge that IRA killer's could use safe in the knowledge that it would take years to get extradited to the U.K. Similarily the last British soldier to die in the troubles was killed by a Barrett 50 calibre sniper rifle.
This was support from within the U.S to aid terrorists - very much
a matter of aiding the enemy if you are this side of the pond.
I cannot remember rallys against this support happening in the U.S - or for that matter congress speaking out against it
and introducing draconian measures against the terrorists and their supporters.