PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 17:59
Wing Commander Fowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The industry tends to move in cycles Mixy, some analysts will quote seven, others eight yearly, peak and trough..... That said you're right there will always be a surplus of pilots and companies will take their pick as in any industry. How many accountants and tax collectors are there unemployed??? Not enough in my humble opinion but they are there trust me! Maybe there are more pilots spare because the job is still seen to be "special" by the uninitiated??? I dunno, I DO however know that we deserve no better treatment by the "authorities" than do any other professions in this world. We, after all, choose to do this job don't we? Back to the old "eyes wide shut" syndrome again. One small piece of advice for you tho' old chap - drop the "world owes me a living cos I spent 60k on myself" attitude - that is exactly why the beancounters hate pilots!!! And beanies run this airline..........

sorry just caught this "Gem".......
There are jobs available with compoanies that bond you but it requires just as much luck and dedication to get as being employed by a company that makes you pay.
So stick it out for the one that doesn't make you pay!!!

As for Nimby - wait til YOU are one and that time WILL come if indeed Nimby is the appropriate term which, to be frank, it isn't!!!