PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 17:52
eagerbeaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grim Repa,

i am suprised by your post, i assume from your title you are inolved with repaweb? Cant you be more constructive with your posting?

For all those waiting patience is your only option, keep on at rostering. A friend of mine did his base check the other day and there was only 3 of them as no one else could be found. You need to be flexible, LTC's are high on hours and busy training already. The LTC's where i am based are flat out and have been for as long as they can remember.

Things will never change with ryanair or any other airline as a precedence has been set already many years ago, dont knock the guys who are trying to make their way in an extremly difficult industry it is not their fault things are like this.

If anyone has a sensible suggestion(s) that allows people to be employed but not pay for training within a reasonable period of time then i would love to hear. There are jobs available with compoanies that bond you but it requires just as much luck and dedication to get as being employed by a company that makes you pay.

How many people who are bonded paid for their intial training? Where is the difference? Ryanair did not pay for my CPL. Also, how can the current situation be blamed on new people just entering the indusrty at the bottom, this whole Type rating scheme has been going on for years (over ten) with many companies, the good'ol days are long gone. There is a much wider area associated with this being the consitent erosion of terms and conditions which are always negotiated by senior pilots/management. Perhaps is you chaps at the top with a nimby attitude which has f*@ked it for the rest of us?

food for thought.....