PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 17:22
delwy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it is worth I think everyone is talking past each other. For understandable reasons mutual frustration is also showing itself. Each point of view is valid in its own context. But the "package of different contexts" leads to results that do not bode well for the future.

Just a reminder: on every occasion that Ryanair has been able to exploit divisions between different pilot groups they have done so without hesitation. When the pilot group has not been divided they found a method by which one lot could be separated from the others (utilising either greed or fear). With the exception of Dublin pilots (but only in recent times) this tactic has ALWAYS worked. However, that tactic is only required when the pilots look like sticking together - which does not happen very often.

The one thing that seems obvious is that falling out with each other is going to just make that process worse. And notwithstanding all the complaints about pilots associations, they look to me like the only hope (even if I don't see any signs of action). As I have said before, this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.