PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - had to post this...
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 17:07
Brianigham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah Mustang,

You did confuse me a little there.

I must say that it does represent the true sentiment of the industry.

Customers are a funny lot aren't they!

The one I ussually get a little upset with is the " put my bag up there" bark. No I dont get to hear it, but my poor cc tell me lots of stories.

Cultures, race and inferiority complexes aside, I have however tried to put myself in their shoes,

It may be easier to accomodate passengers who have done quite a bit of flying, and come from a certain background. Lets call it middle class, or there abouts. These people are concious of the fact that cabin crew are people who have a job to do. They do not take the advert that shows one cc attending to one pax at face value

The working class asian ( migrating maybe to get a better life abroad) , may not be all that polished. They may have the impression that the ticket they bought with a few years savings, entitles them to personal butler service. They dont see where they err.

Why would they be trying to impress upon others that they now hold a "western" passport?........I believe its because there is that complex. Maybe in their minds all they have seen is the people from the country that they have a passport with, being treated with more respect. It boils down to more than one issue. Chances are they are not in the habit of reading self improvement books , or books on " how to travel". They probably live in areas that many would call "below par".

Then they have that flight to catch. The jam, The immigration, the baggage etc. The moment they step into the cabin, they feel as though the whole airline owes it to them to understand and act as though they are the most important people in the world.

I feel sorry for the people who have to face these customers day in and day out, and I also feel sorry for these customers who dont know they stick out like a sore thumb.

But mostly, I take my hats of to the employee who, at the end of that hell of a flght,makes the most irritating passenger feel as though they "were" the most important person in the world.