PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornados in the South Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 17:01
g126

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The original argument was slightly off the main topic, hence not mentioning it at the start.

My argument was that, feasability aside, if there had of been Tornados there, then it would of worked in our favour, as the Tornados were, supposedly, the next generation. I believe that they would of done a better job than Sea Harriers, (not that our pilots didn't conduct themselves with the highest proffesioanlism with the given equipment), as they were out of date even then. (I am aware that we did not lose a single Harrier to enemy air activity.)

Another question then, if they were based their before the war, we didn't have strap some poor guy into a rocket for two days with nothing to pee in apart from a lucozade bottle, just to drop two bombs etc., then would they have made a difference to the outcome?

It has already been mentioned that there may not have even been a war if they were there, but what about the exocets, could they have been stopped, would a Tornado on a CAP be able to intercept the Mirages affectively, or does that just come down to a radar issue?