PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 14th Dec 2005, 15:28
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
Why is that Dave?

Merely because someone has a differing view than yours?

The man put his name, address, and telephone number in the letter...seems like he was willing to take a stand for what he believes in.

That is the beauty of living in a free society...one can express one's views whether universially accepted and approved or not.

I personally endorse some of what he said....having been a Vietnam veteran and knowing the Paris accusations are true. I am not a politician so I don't have to play nice with words.

Kerry is a skunk. Was then...is now.

The Cut and Run Brigade are indirectly responsible for harm coming to our troops by using the war as a method of hopefully regaining their own lost power. They hate Bush and the Republican Party more than they love the country and forsake National interests for purely personal issues at a time when we are engaged in a war. There is a way to wage politics and also protest the war...but it should be done without giving aid and comfort to the enemy. I do not believe you can understand that concept based upon your statements in most of your posts.

Personal acts as the Good Doctor has taken I can understand despite having nothing but disgust in what he is trying to do. He would not want me sitting on his courts martial board I assure you.

His orders boil down to go to a combat area and attempt to save as many lives as possible.....not kill people. His moral dilemna just does not meet the Bull **** test. If he were assigned to a combat unit whose mission is to engage the enemy in combat and render them combat ineffective ( dead)....then I would have more sympathy for him. That is not his case.

Whether you agree with the reasons given...our countries and society in general are at "War" with a determined enemy which seek to destroy us. Iraq is but one campaign in that war.

Your national leaders have committed us to that if you serve in the military. Last time I checked....the military of both the US and UK are all volunteers. If you do not like what you are being asked to do....then resign....leave....depart....but do so honorably. You signed a contract when you entered....abide by the contract terms. You knew combat service was part of the job...nothing has changed...it still is and will continue to remain so.

For the record Dave....when confronted with the possibility of a third combat tour in Vietnam...I did just that....accepted my Honorable Discharge Certificate and returned to civilian life.

That also allows me to pass judgement on the comparative service records of both Bush and Kerry. Kerry served four months in Vietnam. He claimed wounds on three occasions. He never spent a night in hospital, nor received any stitches or underwent any surgery. He never missed a day of duty as a result of the three wounds he claimed were combat related. One of the wounds was very clearly self inflicted as a result of negligent use of a M79 grenade launcher.

Kerry while a serving Naval Officer (in the Reserves) went to Paris and made propaganda statements for the North Vietnamese. The very same kind of statements that other airmen, soldiers, marines, and sailors were being tortured to make. He protested Abu Grahib....but never...never....protested the torture of his own people by the enemy he was assisting.

I say it again....Kerry is a two faced lying weasel. He did not serve honorably.

Bush on the other hand did not see combat. He served. He did not brag about his service and make it a cornerstone of his campaign. Kerry did. Kerry got caught in that lie.

I would think twice about aligning myself with the likes of John Kerry if I were on active military service. It might be you in the torture chamber and a John Kerry type helping your enemy.