PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 10:48
essexboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe me that guys that have been with Ryanair for some time do sympathize and indeed empathize with your position. Many have been there in the past. In fact at past town hall meetings ( I know there have been none recently) the newbie terms and conditions have been raised. The fact is there is little or nothing we can do about it.

To play devils advocate for a moment Ryanair is a business. Its objective is to make money. Any business will try to get money from its customers as early as possible and deliver its products as late as possible. You are Ryanair customers. You have paid them a considerable amount of cash. When they need you, you will go through training faster than sh1t off of a chromed shovel. For now they don’t need you, or more precisely can’t use you (Trainers high on hour, lack of captains etc). The culture for people coming into flying nowadays seems to be: get your qualifications as fast as possible, get the minimum required hours then join an airline and worry about the huge dept you have run up later. I know it was back in the old days when aircraft were steam driven and evolution was a thing of the future but most of us served our apprenticeship as flying instructors, dropping parachutists or towing banners building experience and adding ratings as we went. I think a lot of you guys are victims of the culture: I want it and I want it now.

I’m sorry if this is a harsh lesson for you and I am inspired by the way a couple of the posters on this thread have realised their own mistakes and taken the time to warn others. The only advise I can give is keep pestering them for training and do what you can to earn some cash in the meantime even if it means working in macdonalds for a few weeks. Good luck to you all and hope to see you on line ASAP.