PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Favourite Cabin Crew Uniform
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 10:08
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Ok I am not an expert in any medical field, but I know for sure that when your body temperature goes way below the norm because you're exposed to cold weather, you "catch" anything, whether that means viruses or just symptoms of your body cooling up.

The other night I was in NCL and the hotel had a major problem in the heating system. We were all sick the following morning!!! I had a sore throat and am now fighting with a runny nose as a consequence of that night.

I was born in a hot country where in the winter I NEVER had to de-ice the car. Never saw my parents do that. I saw the snow in my city about 6 times in 26 years. We didn't use school uniforms and I always wore warm clothes in the winter. My immune system isn't used to being exposed to such cold weather!!
Wearing trousers (and thick warm stockings underneath if necessary) has helped me in adverse weather conditions (including when we got stuck on the tarmac in EDI last year and it was snowing like hell while trying to find an engineer to pull out the stairs of the aircraft at 5am!!).

I am still of the idea that it's not what you wear but how you wear it. And it's 99% up to you to show the right authority to your passengers. I was very uncomfortable in the pink skirt, I feel safer and more confident when I wear my trousers. I can also work in the cabin without worrying about showing my underwear and that makes me more spontaneous! They are very practical, and I truly think they look pretty good anyway!

Ciao

FBW