PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 classic QUESTIONS AFTER RECURRENT TRAINING
Old 14th Dec 2005, 07:21
LEM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies!

I still have some doubts:

2) What I meant was if there is some sort of official tolerance in indicating the heading.
The comparator will warn us for a difference in pitch or roll, but not for a difference in heading.
I tried to find out in the maintenance manual, but couldn't find until what difference in degrees is the IRS heading considered acceptable.
Of course for large deviations there is no problem, as one IRS will be obviously wrong thus US, but the doubt arises for small deviations, like 3° ....

5) So what voltage do we see when at the gate, ground power or APU on, we select INV on the Ac Meter Selector?

7) On some airplanes there are no green ON lights for the windshields (making it closer to a dark cockpit), but there are OFF amber lights.

The cecklist is WINDOW HEAT OFF, NNC.3.2., and it says:

Condition: A window heat OFF light illuminated indicates that the controller may have removed all heat to a window due to an excessive temperature.

WINDOW HEAT SWITCH..........................................OFF
Limit airspeed to 250 knots maximum below 10,000 feet.

Probably they forgot to address the subsequent fogging consequences as they did in the WINDOW OVERHEAT NNC.

10) You are right, the manufacturer made the cecklist like that.
It still seems at first sight a nonsense to motor the engine if we want to protect the bearings, but maybe the advantages of cooling the core after the starting EGT peak is greater than the quasi-null stress on the bearings at such low speed.

So I swear from now on I'll make a motoring in this case also!

12) Regarding the dog... actually my question was too simplistic: it really depends...
Are they loading a SaintBernard or a Chihuaua?
Is it a one hour or a four hours flight?
Is the passengers compartment full or almost empty?

I'll try to put a bottle of water next time I fly to Sharm, but at present we only fly short range...

Probably a little dog might not survive, but I still think the story of finding it hard-frozen is an urban myth.

Thank you all!

LEM