PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Favourite Cabin Crew Uniform
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 05:22
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
because a) it's not really a uniform, if people are dressed differently and b) even though I wouldn't be wearing them, some of my colleagues probably would, and IMHO that would lower the prestige of the job and the respect shown by pax.
I have to disagree. A uniform is more about consistency of cut, fabric and colour rather than the actual clothing items.

(FBW, yes, I do wear trousers at work, as a) it can get freezing out on the ramp, and b) have once or twice nearly caused an accident when having to climb stairs unexpectedly in a short dress! )

My company has lots of different pieces, blouses, vests, jacket, skirt, dress, trousers for ladies. No-one has ever commented on anything looking out of place as all but the blouse are same fabric and colours, blouse a complementary colour and our scarf ties it all together with the company accent colours.

I don't think a policewoman in a skirt any less authoritative than one in trousers, and not many would say she wasn't wearing a 'proper' uniform...

Is it correct that until recently, female police in the UK weren't allowed to wear trousers?? If so, there must be a reason they changed this...

Another case, one airline I see pilots from quite a bit had a few lady pilots. They always had to wear trousers (waaaaaaay more practical!! ) anyway a skirt option was introduced; one or two took it up but many people commented on it, eventually only one or two ended up wearing the skirt at all - the others went back to trrousers!! So you see it does work both ways...

FBW, don't tease poor Rescue so!!! Much more I don't think he can handle it!!!