PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 14th Dec 2005, 00:39
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
We shall not discuss the comments about Israel for a host of reasons...beginning with your description of the situation.

Yes we supported the Mujahadin....in their war against the Russians who invaded their country and attempted to ensure a Communist government. The same as we have done other places...say France during WWII and other European nations in their fight against the Nazi's. Are those all not quite the same?

Yes, some of them became Taliban and Al Qaeda. Ho Chi Minh, Tito, and others we helped during their war against invaders went on to oppose us later. Why is that a surprise?

Bad foreign policy on our side maybe....but things happen in the world that are hard to foresee. Who would have guessed Castro would become a communist dictator and last as long as he has?

Americans supported the IRA financially....they did. Until it became a crime by a change in the law....it was legal to do so. It was not official government policy thus you cannot blame the government for that. I seem to remember Americans supporting a lot of other pro-British causes as well. We fed a lot of you during the war as some of you remind us.

Laos...what group of terrorists did we support there? We fought a war against the communists...same in Cambodia...Vietnam.

El Salvador, Panama, other Central and South American countries....again we fought communist expansion.

In case you forgot....the Russian communists folded their tent....we beat them. The Chinese communists are rapidly becoming captialists....in time it will morph into a captialist democracy and we will have won that one politically.

How many people now live in freedom now because of the Americans....depends upon where you wish to start the list I guess.

Tiggsy,

I never said I knew Nuts intimately....I said I knew him....and that was not in the biblical sense. Your juvenile barbs cheapen your argument as Nuts has pointed out to you previously.

Also...if you were in the USA anywhere....and did not hear anything bad about the war in Iraq....you never turned on the Television, listened to any liberal talk radio show, read a newspaper, magazine, or opened a Yahoo page on the internet.
If you wish, you can hit all of the major news networks by a simple clicking of keys on your computer and confirm what I am saying about the negative aspect of the liberal media in my country. Thus, I would ask you to explain where you hear all the neutral or good news that you heard vice the bad news I am hearing broadcast daily.