PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 13th Dec 2005, 22:38
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC43

I think with your answers to everone elses posts its about time you got your self righteous head out of your a**e.

[QUOTE]‘’ Not privy to the govt's thinking on exit strategies but I do suspect that after the victory over Saddam, the resultant insurgency was not foreseen and therefore the original exit plan had to be scrapped. If you have any evidence to the contrary then I should be most grateful if you were in a position to share it with us instead of commenting on GWB’s or my IQ

Once again, i will state so that perhaps you may read and understand

"I am in total disbelief that you could consider for one moment that the experts failed to predict the insurgency would occur."
i.e do you really believe that the experts did not foresee the insurgency? If so they should not be advisors on war.

(GWB does have an MBA. by the way which is, I suspect, more than do you).
How wrong you are NC. I Do hope you feel better informed?

When I said the war had been won I meant it was a victory according to the definition in the Oxford English Dictionary, viz., defeating one’s enemy in battle, or war, and not, unlike yourself, whatever I wanted it to mean.
Now take note SASless as NC impresses you soooo much, this is whats known as back peddling. Bye the way NC i never said i wanted it to mean anything. I asked you the question "What have we won"? You seem to answer everything like a politician NC - avoid the question and give a verbose, elequent but meaningless answer. ( i imagine thats how you write your peoples annual reports)

If you imagine that institutions and mindsets change immediately on the cessation of hostilities then you are naïve in the extreme.
I never said or implied that at all NC. More flowery fabrication.

Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power". So do please spare me your inaccurate speculation.
I said 50-100 per day are dying is that inaccurate speculation?? Mmm me thinks not.

Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran.
Mmm i wonder how many have died in the needless wars we have had??

No NC i do not feel better informed, but thanks for your kind enquiry.

SASless

WMD's etc, were all a "part" of the reasons for going to war...let's not forget the UN Resolutions and all of the other reasons.
No SASless we were told WMD were the reasons for going to war. Its nothing to do with bad PR it was Lies. WMD became a 'part' of it after we found out he didnt have any.

Saudi has its own problems....the House of Saud is getting a bit rickity....at some point the Saudi King will be confronted with a need to accept change in that situation as well.
Wrong here SASless. The current house of Saudi is the most forward thinking in many years, wait and see. ( I hope you feel better informed too)

If one reviews the past as well....we can see foreign policy failures by the Western governments over the years and usually because we could not project "real" power in the region. We are able to do that now and will be even more capable with the establishment of democratically elected free governments there.
A very worrying statement SASless.

Also the statistics you quote are meaningless.

Since you have gone on record as not wishing to joust with me...and seeing as how Nuts has placed the ball squarely in middle of your court....I do so look forward to your response.I would suggest I am the much easier opponent....that is why I usually stand back and merely hold Nut's coat for him during these debates.
No SASless bye the sounds of your love for NC i think you just hold his Nuts!

Its scary that like most of middle america, if you are presented with a few nice statistics and you hear an argument (albeit meaningless) presented in a nice way, then you just get sucked in and believe it. I was in Middle America recently, i never heard anything bad on the news about the situation in Iraq, - scary.