PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Favourite Cabin Crew Uniform
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 22:09
EmmaB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Flybywire,

I respect your right to work for an airline (BA) that allows women to wear trousers, though I still don't understand your reasoning.

I quite like the FCA uniform. I can't see how the pink skirt was unhelpful in dealing with troublesome/disruptive pax, or how trousers would have helped matters. Personally I think the only thing that *would* help in this situation is an electric cattle prod!

And as for skirts contributing to colds... I just don't get it. Aren't colds some kind of virus that breeds in the mucus in your nose and throat, isn't that where they come from? Maybe we're more prone to them if our overall body temperature drops, for instance if we stood outside wearing very little for ages.

I went to a school where we wore a uniform of a wraparound kilt and ankle socks and I had a long walk to the bus stop followed by a wait for the bus, so my feet and legs used to be bl**dy freezing pretty much all winter long. My Mum used to tell me that we lose only 5% of our body heat through our legs and as long as I wore a nice warm coat, a hat and some gloves, I'd be fine.

I hardly ever got colds back then, nor do I now, in fact the only time I had them a lot was a year at college when I was wearing jeans pretty much every day. I'm not saying they caused it, it was probably more to do with eating crap food prepared in a student hovel kitchen, but nevertheless I don't see how a few minutes' exposure of your legs to chilly air could do any harm.