PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 22:01
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tatenhill looks do-able for me, just pop up inbetween birmingham and EMA and Bobs your mothers brother.

Quick update for everyone on what I'm up to, for those that don't know.

After my PPL I haven't actually done that much flying, straight after my PPL I moved down to Hampshire from Edinburgh so had to get checked out at a new airfield down south (Blackbushe) Did a cpl of flights here, mainly taking gf and mates up, nothing fancy. I did plan a flight to the IoW but the weather didn't let that happen.

Since beginning of september I have been at OAT working my way towards my fATPL, I've got my phase 1 exams on 9th Jan (theres so much to know!!!!) so have been really busy with learn things to do with planes, all very interesting stuff In January after my exams I'm going to be doing my night rating which I kind of looking forward too, but am also abit worried about flying at night in a SEP (not my idea of safe!!) Once all my exams are out the way in April I will be disappearing to the US for 5 months to do the VFR phase and get my CPL, then its back to the UK for the IR

If mazzys fly-in is on a weekend (I assume it will be!) then I maybe able to come, depends on work load etc, its not far from oxford so would be a nice day trip, plus being a student at OAT means that I get a discount on the PPL hire rate (warrior -161 for £95/hr! pretty good)

Glad to see so many of you working towards your PPLs and that you are find this diary useful, I've posted quite abit in it and it def helped me during my training (which I might add I started AFTER mazzy and finished way before, and am nearly halfway thro my commercial training!! come on mazzy, whats keeping you??? )

Hope to meet some of you at the Mazzy Post-PPL flyin