PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDI Radar
Thread: EDI Radar
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 19:14
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello radar707

Don't agree with all of your points, funny old thing!

As for holding, we rarely hold because we prefer to vector traffic i.e left turn off LANAK onto a downwind leg followed by a square circuit with speed control applied. It's how we teach it at PF when the trainees start. We only hold when it starts getting sily with 5 or 6 inbound via Talla, a couple via Turnberry and any others from West or Tay.
Oh the luxury! That is where this 'discussion' started. I dream of vectoring off Tweed with a right or left turn downwind but since our traffic doesn't route there this option is not available unless we mess the aircraft around and turn them back towards the hold. Thankyou for verifying my point to the Scatcc controllers and the others as this may be the big difference between the 2 airports.

As for problems from Scottish, can't say I have anything major to criticise them for apart from the odd 2 descending to min stack to LANAK at the same time and the occasional 3/4 abreast, but it's nothing I can't sort out and 9 times out of 10, TLA will call and ask if it's ok.
The odd 2!!!! and occasional 3/4 abreast!!!!! Again point proven as this seems to be the norm at EDI. Maybe you just don't take it and tell Scatcc to off when you get a lot of traffic presented in this way. we must be too nice