PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 18:45
delwy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carmoisine, this willingness to publicise things is a relatively new phenomenon and, for me at least, it is greatly to be welcomed. (Also, you should be congratulated for your honesty and courage). BTW I think your numbers are about right; also I can tell you that some of those very people I know for a fact were given explicit advice not to sign up without clarifying their conditions of employment FIRST.

This Ryanair cycle goes back a few years, in which each successive group of pilot is employed on worse conditions that those who went before. Those who don't suffer thank the gods that they "escaped" while those who suffer note the absence of any support from their colleagues beyond a vaguely sympathetic "that's Ryanair for you".

However, those who feel comfortable will discover that when the pilot shortage is over Ryanair will come after them in the manner tested so successfully in spring of 2004. That will be the day when the whiners will be told that people like you (new, young, poorly paid pilots) are willing to take their jobs for less money. And it would not be a surprise that solidarity towards them would be slow in coming.

There is only one way this will end up, which is with everybody working for buttons and complaining about their colleagues, but not about Ryanair. Depressing stuff.