PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 17:56
delwy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen (and any ladies too), with the greatest of respect this is not a new phenomenon. Like so many things in Ryanair it started slowly and those caught out first have tended to stay quiet as they invariably want a low profile. At the same time the initial stories are denied by either well meaning Ryanair pilots who are unaware of developments, or by management stooges who appear here to assure all and sundry that Ryanair is wonderful.

I have even talked to a pilot who told me, within weeks of joining, that he simply had not believed what was written here on pprune "I thought it had to be exaggeration" says he. In reality he probably heard the propaganda about Ryanair pilots being the best paid in the universe and could see nothing wrong with going for it.

Here's a couple of recent tidbits: the first couple of pilots on basic pay, but with no sector pay have arrived. Secondly, I recently spoke to a 4.5k hours co-pilot with a - mind boggling - basic of £18,000 p.a. He had been persuaded to take this due to the long delays in .... guess what .... line training - he found this to be preferable to debts and worries.

Now, what are the chances that somebody with such experiences are going to arrive here to announce that they have agreed to such conditions? Pretty low I would say. But that does not make it untrue.