PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine failure in the climb question
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 12:01
KikoLobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking About Statistics and Probabilities.

Lets suppose we are well trained, Not flying robinsons, Flying Turbine (single), Not on water, Mostly corporate work, Flying Safe and with Caution, Doing a deep pre-flight before flight, stayed away from bozo mechanics, have a heli in well shape (maintainance wise and care wise), doing refreshers every year.

HERE ARE THE STATISTICS QUESTIONS:
1) Now supposing this, what are our odds as helicopter pilots who fly an average of 30 to 50 Hours a month, of making it alive until we can no longer fly because we did not passed our medical ?

2) What are our odds as helicopter pilots, who fly an average of 30 to 50 Hours a month, of having a flame out or a tail rotor failure, or a deep heavy emergency?

I allway's questions my self with this questions, not because i am scared, or because i want to see if i should continue flying or do the math or anything, but mainly for plain curiosity.

Any one has any kind of math?

SORRY about the not flying robinsons point (for those roby lovers), but the statistics for those helis wont help a lot improve the numbers here. I DO like robies, i trained my first time on those, and made my solo on those and i trully like them, but for the sake of this excersice, lets leave ALL pistons out.

THANKS!