PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbines/Pistons in GA
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 09:28
nasa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gaunty I fear you may misinterpret my comparison with the credit card/home loans comment. I was being somewhat flippant with wording in that I was referring to the financial institutions being more interested in handing out home loans and credit cards than looking at serious business proposals. I back this statement up with some absolute hum dingers from so called finance experts….Let’s try, “sorry, but our portfolio of aircraft is full at the moment and we feel that we would be exposing ourselves to possible losses by financing another aircraft” or how ‘bout, “no we don’t do aviation. We’re concerned that our asset might fly away”….These comments can be contributed directly to one of Australia’s “Big Four”…..Then of course there is the bank that took 6 weeks to settle on a sale, citing paperwork problems….Give me a break!!!....They just don’t know what they are doing………

Have a look HERE and show me one of these in Australia. Or show me where I can find INFORMATION like this in Australia…..We are in a catch 22 situation…..We can’t demand THESE TYPES of rates if we don’t have the aircraft to start with. We don’t have the aircraft because it is impossible to finance an aircraft, at reasonable rates and/or conditions, in Australia…..I fall back on my previous statement, that being that financial institutions need to employ people that know what they are doing when it comes to aircraft. Not refer all loan applications to Adelaide or wherever for some bean counter with next to little or no knowledge of an aircraft and/or operation…..I’ve seen and heard the good old fall back, but why should financial institutions be obligated to finance.....My reply is, because it is incumbent upon you to do so, but with the assistance of those that know what they are doing.................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Second Place is First Place for Losers"