PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 01:31
qcc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
facts please

Crusty you are very wrong on your assumption that qf has voluntarily spend money on the fatigue study. It came about by aipa taken qf to court over a short jnb slip. That also got casa involved. Qf has been trying to run this project into the ground. However it was signed of by casa, qf and recommended by a senate committee. There was also a report (burning the midnight oil) made public by which the committee also included cabin crew into the fatigue research. My contacts also tell me the former faaa officials signed of on the project. You still find casa’s commitment to cabin crew on their website The current faaa officials have not continued to press for inclusion into the research (nor are they willing to support any sort of flight duty limitations frame work for cabin crew at present).
And to make assumption that it will decrease slips and so on, lets say is incredible st***d. with tours of duties increasing a proper based fatigue management system can not only benefit crew but funnily enough also qf. Until recently there has been no flight duty limitations and rest requirements for cabin crew in many parts of the world. Now you have them in the US, European union, most asian countries (some via their airlines) and many other countries and airlines. Its time the faaa wakes up and starts protecting the health and well being of its flight attendants. The current JFK shuttle, Fra one day return slips, syd-adl-drw-sin return are already very bad patterns. And I still would like to see that so called fatigue expert opinion on the shuttle and the pattern.
Very soon you have sectors from syd to jfk or lhr.
BTW GD has last year signed of on a company wide fatigue management program and its part of the NSW OH act..
Do you really think its ok to do some of the current and future ultra and multi sectors without proper check and balances?