PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G Force!
Thread: G Force!
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2005, 18:47
Gugnunc

arpansingla

20 years ago I was an Air Cadet and didn't much like the "g" either. In fact I threw up virtually every time I flew an AEF Chipmunk, so much that my ATC nick name was "pukebag".

I perservered though, because I loved aircraft, and ended up with a Gliding Cert and quite a few real RAF hours upside down in Bulldogs - I still spewed occasionally.

Now, coming back into aviation after 15 years or so, I'm a PPL doing a CPL hoping to be a part time FIC. Those Airline wannabes I know never ever do more than the minimum positive 2 g required for a steep rate turn. For a CPL you will need to spin, but this is a momentary stomach churn and in some modern training aircraft (T67M, Grob115D) a bit of an anticlimax compared to the drop in a C152.

So don't worry about "g". Believe me - you build up a level of resitance and you will not need this in airline work anyway.

FYI - to prove something to myself I did the AOPA Aerobatics certificate and now frequently hire the club's Grob's and throw some basic manoevres. I'll now regularly pull 4g to make my rolls crisp - and guess what - no puking!

gugnunc