PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Solenta!
Thread: Thanks Solenta!
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2005, 13:31
Airforce1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of comments Grizzly Bare...
You are obviously a Solenta ATR driver.
On the topic of the safety competency of the ET ATR crew is not all of the ET ATR crew: ex-Solenta except the chief pilot of course (most left on a good note!)?. I don't think JETWSH is pointing at this setup, perhaps the B1900 setup where there is a big salary scale difference. Many of the ET ATR crew have been so many times to the SIM with Solenta-they are well experienced on type-If you are to point fingers, is the safety margin not compromised by Solenta upgrading Captains too soon due to company demand.

Both of these companys are of high standard-but I am not gonna paint a pretty picture for either one nor any other contract company-South African civil aviation market does not afford that luxury of the "perfect company”. Far as I am concerned if you are working for Solenta,ET,Naturelink,KAS etc- there is minimal difference between the companys. We are all mostly on contract cos we are waiting in the que for our place in the airlines back home, and if you are from another company then you are competition in the job market-and your own training and experiance is always best, is it not...?
Any slagging is wet behind the ear pups- all proud of their company trying to be beraad.

So for this thread that started as a Hallmark card-is now heading for slagging match.....but then again everyone is entitled to their 2 cents