PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbines/Pistons in GA
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2005, 08:35
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLovett

And you can be pretty sure it's unlikely to be the present incumbents. They have been deluding themselves on revenue rates and imagined capital profits against residuals for the last 20 years or so. They will have a fleet of superannuated and worthless clunkers, probably a heap of creditors and really lucky to still have the arse in their trousers.

Having the wherewithal to invest in the modern business you describe will be just wild drerams.

Good riddance I say, then we will get some rationality back into the system.

nasa you know I disagree with you on the finance thing.
Of course they will only give you credit card/home loans type financing on old clunkers, the same way that there is always that guaranteed last resort refused finance before loans from dodgy bros.
There is no end of money available for quality aircraft and quality borrowers at low single digit rates. They are only interested in aviation as a business and that it is run the same as any other business. Pilot dreams and the fantasies that I see served up as what they imagine is a business plan dont qualify as collaterall. One such spent 15 pages explaining how by buying 10 year old copies they could undercut the market blah blah blah.
Just what a financier who has several billions in aviation finance wants to hear and whose stated policy has a maximum age of 10 years paid to zero in 3 for their loans.

Citations going out at mid to high $2000 when mid to high $4000 for starters by any real world calculation is the real answer.
Basically everything out there at the moment from piston twins through turboprops to jets is going out at half price or less.
And the other day I had an operator look me square in the eye and tell me that is all that the market will bear.