PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer Faces Jail - Refuses to Go To Iraq
Old 12th Dec 2005, 06:35
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riley,

I am sorry to inform you Sir, but servicemen (and women) do NOT have 'democratic rights' like you suggest, Just what planet do you live on and where do you get your misinformed info' from??

When you sign up to join the military, you are NOT given the option to obey this order or that one you fool. You can't pick and choose. Can you imagine it...........'orry general, don't want to fight today, had a go yesterday and got me bum shot off - I'm gonner sit this one out thanks!'

Would you feel the same if the doctor in question refused to help your desperately injured child because he didn't like your accent? or because you were a catholic and he was C of E?? Of course you wouldn't, you would spout on about that 'hypocritical oath' thingy, and expect him to do his job. Thats what its like in the services believe it or not.

And one last point, don't be fooled into thinking that this guy was forced into joining up. He WAS a volunteer, and it was his decision. Unfortunately, if you join a 'big boys' cluben you play by 'big boys' rules, and if you don't like it, then DON'T JOIN!

In the meantime Sir, You need to crawl back under your stone with the rest of the PC brigade, and get off this forum which, as its name implies, is for PROFESSIONAL people, not idiots and fools.

To all my friends and colleagues out there upholding the freedom of this country - 'respect' (as my Grandson says!)

Kind regards
TSM
'caruthers, I need a large Scotch old boy!'