PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2005, 06:22
Front Pit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Vote No??......Why Vote Yes!!!

Why Vote No?.....Here's my spin on it.....earlier this year at the request of the company the faaa granted dispensation explaining to us that they believed there was a perception by Qantas management that the faaa and its membership were anti-company and not interested in a cooperative approach. So as a gesture of goodwill dispensation was granted. I can understand this reasoning though I always felt that it was BS that it was a cost cutting measure and purely designed by the company to turn the screws into us even tighter. Now that goodwill gesture has been rewarded with six, or is that sux, kiwis on the JFKS. I regard that as a slap in the face to crew AND THE FAAA particularly being done just BEFORE we have voted on the issue. The company is hoping that we'll cower and vote yes whilst daring us to vote no. I'm heartily sick of their control freak attitude and therefore have voted NO.

Please no crap about "If you dont like it then get out" I still love the job and enjoy working with some great people. This is about our future and the future of Australian jobs. I feel voting yes will set a dangerous precedent and give the company carte blanche to do as they wish and have us doing multi sector day trips elsewhere of hours around the JFKS or more. So think very carefully about your vote but please do vote and show that you are concerned about our future.

I would also like someone to answer this question ....... If we vote yes what guarantees have been offered by the company that from BP243 and beyond that ALL positions on JFK flights will be filled by Australian based longhaul crew?

I don't know if Pro Guardian of Eden 69 Pegasus Hunter are one and the same but maybe one of them with knowledge can answer that question. Along with what will the faaa do if the NO vote is successful?

No guarantee ? Then NO is the only way to go!!

Ironic isn't it, if we vote yes it's like pissing into the wind , and if we vote no we'll piss off the company.........but at least they'll know we're sick of being pushed around.

In anycase with the introduction of additional JFK flights I would have thought it prudent that New York slips be reintroduced with slips 2-1-1, 2-2-1 etc as it used to be and in view of the additional costs incurred by the company with the extra slip times in LAX as used currently. This would be a wonderful gesture of goodwill from the company. Oh dear I think I just peed into the wind!!