Thread: Q recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2001, 17:15
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish

Dragging it in Bulldog? Not by choice.

Some of the skippers who know my monicker would be having a quiet chuckle for you to call me conservative.

It's a rare day when I'm less than 210 at 10 miles, 250 at fifteen and as fast as I can be beyond that (height considered).

Whilst I don't try and 'prove' myself or anything like that, I certainly don't mind flying the aircraft out to what I think is comfortable for the passenger comfort and the performance limits of the aircraft.

I certainly wouldnt' mind a fiver for all the times that I've been called 'speedy'. Not proud of it per se but i've been on the aircraft for four years and feel pretty comfortable (without being a 'hero' about it) and know where my limitations are based on environmental and other conditions.

With your figures though, 340 knots at 5000 with 20 to go is doable, 6000 feet is starting to work pretty hard. A bloke doing that would hardly be considered conservative!

Ideally I want to be about 3000' if I'm doing 340 knots with 20 mile to go!!

The other thing to remember though is that unlike AN before they went u/s, about 100 of the F/Os on the 767 in QF have been on the thing less than two years. I guess the figure would be similar for Captains although some of them would have been F/Os on the thing previously. Maybe that is part of the conservative thing you mean!!