PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at NY
Thread: Security at NY
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2005, 11:48
wingman863

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For christs sake hasta lueGO; what are you meant to do on an internet forum? The views expressed have not been unreasonable in any way and even if they were, why should people not express their opinions and asy you say, "keep thier views to themselves,"? The situation described with security is absurd. So much fuss is made but anyone with an ounce of grey matter could easily slip though the net, carring with them whatever they please.

A few weeks ago at Stansted I was met with an open door from the secure post-screening side of the terminal to the unsecure section. There was nothing to stop me from walking from one side to another without any sort of check. Yet, 10 minutes earlier I had had my bag screened, been frisked and taken my belt and shoes off to please the security (or lack thereof) staff.

Why search aircrew (especially pilots) so throughly when if they wanted to they could plough their jet into pretty much any building or mountain? Are there not rescue axes in the cockpit and armoured doors to prevent intervention from anyone in the cabin should a nut-case pilot decide to so either of the aforesaid actions?

There is a point where an element of trust has to be intrduced. Yes, search aircrew to check they are not smuggleing bags of heroin just like anyone else would be searched, but a pilot having a pen-knife is hardly a problem.