PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you enjoy about being part of the helicopter industry?
Old 9th Dec 2005, 22:05
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the fact that after 40 years I still wake up every morning and really look forward to going to play (it's never been like work to me). I love the fact that in a helicopter I'm still (barely ) in charge of the machine, not just flying a big computer game (like most fixed wing aeroplane pilots). I love flying low and slow enough most of the time to appreciate this beautiful planet we are allowed to despoil during our brief soujourn here. I love still being an instructor and seeing (some) of the pilots of tomorrow starting to experience the joy I feel every day. I love ferry flights and being able to see so much of Africa spoiled only by my own noise and pollution. I love the smell of kerosene in the morning. I love the whirrr from a Dauphin fenestron and I still love hearing the whup, whup of a 212 flying by I'll love it every day until the doc tells me that I'm a danger to my passengers, or my company tells me that I'm too much of a dinosaur to be of any use to anybody any more, or I don't feel that I'm so lucky to be doing what I do.