PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocopter's laughable AOG system
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2005, 20:26
PANews

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome back Notar fan.

Sorry for the delay I have been up North for three days on family business.

It is quite simple. I just have nothing sensible to contribute. The subject requires a fair bit of research and I simply do not have the 'instant' time available just now. On the face of it I guess that those with first hand knowledge are contributing what appears to be sensible comment... and a bit of biased as well no doubt ... but there is absolutely no point in me going off half cock and writing what I know to be rubbish [as opposed to what you think is rubbish!]. Where would I start?

I guess the question I need to answer is why do manufacturers [in this case EC] fail to supply some spares on demand? As I do not have a helicopter, have never had a helicopter, never built a helicopter, never supplied spares for a helicopter - let alone an EC - that may take some time!

As you may recall I think I was criticised a few months ago for sitting back, researching and assessing before posting. The process itself took a couple of months but I was happy to write on the result of my beliefs at the time I posted. It may have been disliked [by you and yours] but no-one actually demolished the basic post I injected into the thread in reply to a posted question because I happened to have the material to hand.

Which takes us back to the attack on Eurocopter. I have no set opinion and certainly no data so until I do I will refrain from even openly asking the questions relating to the original post that have formed in my mind - until such time as I feel I am ready and able to 'play'. At current availability of my spare time.... how does January 2007 suit?

P.S. Sorry to be a bit dozy on this .... another potential 'out' for me on this thread might well be that this is not obviously a stated airborne emergency services problem?
Or is it?
I do not know who the operator is or where they are at?
Do you?

Last edited by PANews; 9th Dec 2005 at 20:44.