PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "standard Speeds"
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2005, 11:01
MancBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revolution............what a pile of sh1te.

Having been valid in TC for over three years on TC North before TC east existed and valid on CLN for the past 7 years I think I know what sort of speeds TC are expecting and can look at the delays and holding situation and judge accordingly.

You have no idea of the experience or lack of experience of the controllers on the surrounding sectors.

You may have been valid en-route aswell but i doubt it.

If you really want all traffic on radar headings doing their own speeds then you can have it, but expect 5 heathrow inbounds abreast at regular intervals, 3 gatwicks abreast, SS and GW abreast. GET THE PICTURE.

Do you know the speeds that the BA EHAM and BMA EBBR to LL call on the frequency doing?

Well over 320KTS occasionally 340KTS. Do you want them doing that when they invariably are going in the hold? No F@@@@ng way!

When holding at BRASO do you know what the first thing traffic wants to do when you tell them to hold at BRASO? Every DLH wants to reduce to 250KTS at the first oppurtunity. We have to use speed control otherwise everything will be doing want the hell it wants and where@s the CONTROL in that?

I can't wait for 2007, bring your headset throug and show us how to do it.

Upper winds is another variable but you wouldn't know about that.