PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest B737 Overrun @ Chcago MDW
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2005, 10:39
ATPMBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big PR problem for SW

I flown into Midway with Lear Jets and HS-125's all without thrust reversers. Off course I had good weather on all the occasions.

Someone said AA canceled their flight, I heard SW held for 30 minutes, why the hold? Any braking action reports?

It's sound like they had "get-there-itis" KORD is only about 15 miles away, they could of landed there and bussed the people to KMDW. SW is point-point so the paxs didn't have to make any connections other than meeting with their loved ones.

Reminds me of an incident several years ago at KBDL where they had 50kts winds at night, AA or UAL diverted to a field 50 miles away, US Air made an approach and barely cleared the ridge line, tree branches went through the engines. Moral of the story, the crew that diverted still have their jobs.

I wonder how SW crews will be acting today as they normally have an in-your-face stupid humor style. An example, a stew was giving the normal pax briefing and the Capt piped in claiming she's my ex-wife. Are they an airline or comedy club? Definetly not PAN-AM.

This is the second overrun SW has had in recent history, in CA they ended up in a gas station several years ago.

My heart goes out to the family of the 6 year old boy, what kind of Christmas will they have?