PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2005, 23:53
Wing Commander Fowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys - reality check time!!! No one of us was BORN with 3000 hrs, we all started somewhere whether it was self funding through Oxford, queen betty's flying clubs or hour building. We then progressed into either proper companies which paid for jet type ratings (and yes they ARE still around but diminishing and you don't need a degree to work out why.....) or worked as instructors or got into the profession at the fundamental grass roots level and learnt our trade plying up and down in Turboprops. The fact that FR, EZ et al sh@ft you guys like they do is BECAUSE THEY CAN!!! Simple as that. The reason they take away our pensions and water and life's blood is BECAUSE THEY CAN!!! We are no different in reality ecxcept when you are "up the ladder" we are more vulnerable as a result of the replacements "further down the ladder" willing to pull the rungs away. Tell you what - you sort yourselves out and we'll do what we can for OUR selves and then we'll only have our respective selves to blame for the mess we respectively end up in ok? Deal? You have the choice - again I say "take it or leave it". We have the same choice and will indeed make that choice. For me, all here is sweet, when it's not it'll be sayonara - I shan't be calling you up to help - comprende?

5 year Pay deal for the established guys IMHO.