PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADL's $260m terminal shunned
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2005, 23:23
7gcbc
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Perhaps that was the problem with the designers, and "consultants" who hand a finger in the pie designing Australia's current White Elephant "

OZcabincrew,

well my experience with an Australian Icon in ADL really taught me a lesson , that small mindedness, favouritism, undermining and ultimately lack of confidence is what drives business there, they would not change, nor innovate, no admit mistakes,NO TEAMWORK (note capitals), nor accept anything outside what they were used to, blindly and irresponsibly sailing over the edge whilst covering their own arses, and putting most of their efforts into ensuring everyone else looked bad.

My parting words to this Icon (it no longer exists - having been bought out) were that they would make cassius and brutus look like amateur conspirators.

The company ? Southcorp wines, which through use of its volume discounts destroyed most of the boutique wineries in SA, peddled volume plonk into the supermarkets, destroyed its own brand equity, screwed growers and retailers, and foolishly got royally rooted in the european market by the supermarkets and managed to lose 1/3 of its capitalization in one year alone!!!

How many jobs gone at Nuri then ? How many throughout the vale and barossa in terms of tourism ?

Mitsubishi is another example, it is crystal clear that the brand has an image problem, then get a bloody professional agency to do a proper campaign to flog the idea , not the rubbish that is currently being aired, christ sake, that just smacks of another bloody incompetent cpa who goes to the cricket with his boss and hangs out with the old boys from saints.......

With attitudes like that, you are damaging your sustainability, and irrecovably building a financial and perceptive rod for your back in the future.

Not a sydneysider, London 10 years, Dublin 2, Paris 1, Amsterdam 2, Sydney 3, Adl 1.

I wish I could have had confidence in the sustainability of adl, but this airport debacle really should not have happened if people were professional and worked as a team.

The most frustrating thing for me personally, is I saw it coming, (honest) and was essentially ignored, its a bit like telling a 3 year old not to put a round in the chamber and ................

It is overall a nice place, but there are issues..... some significant ones, in my 16 odd years of working , I have never seen the kind of blatant favouritism, and lack of professionialism, almost criminal incompetence, latent racism (towards Greeks/Indians - with whom I became instant friends) that I was privy to at SRP.

Last edited by 7gcbc; 8th Dec 2005 at 23:59.