PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot/OAT pamphlet DO NOT BUY!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2005, 19:35
PILOTOWL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWIT-TWOO!!

MrHorgy,
As our American cousins would say "Do the math" (anoying I know).
There are loads of airlines in the UK, all at different ages ie. BA v Ryan air etc. There have to be at least 30,000 pilots in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong). It would be a physical impossibility for all of these to have gone to the big 4. I think BA use to sponsor about 20ish pilots a year. So where do the rest come from? RAF yes but the rest come from the independent FTO's . In the Co I'm with you can count on one hand the amount pilots that have done the big 4 all the way through. Most have taken the best parts ie. PPL ME IR CPL of different schools (either due to price or flexibility (time/availability)). The only comment I've heard about moving schools was about the IR. It's a high pressure course and it does look bad if you've moved schools half way through. It starts the recruitment people thinking that may be you can't handle the pressure/ personality problems etc. They don't want to see someone jacking in a Type rating course because of these reasons.
So overall - stop worrying!!
Look at all the different FTO's but my advice would be try to find one near where you live. You can save alot of money this way and get a little job in Tesco's at the weekend. You'll also have alot of support from family and friends (free beer!). Plus you'll get a break away from the airfield - trust me you'll need it on the IR.

If you need any help or want to know which schools I frequented just PM me.

TWIT-TWOO!!

ps. Don't buy PILOAT - before we all digress!!!