PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Next Wave of Boat People…?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2001, 10:08
heavy-metal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Buster Hyman,

You might be correct in your response as apparently according to the constitution, Australia has no official religion. Point taken. However majority of the population are Christians. Thats according to the World Book 2001 edition. So maybe not officially but practically it is a Christian country, surely it is not a muslim country? or is it?

helmet fire,

I see that you are very highly educated yourself. I do not agree of your assessment of my comments as being EXTREME. You are taking the whole thing out of the contexts. Regardless of the examples of the "extremist christians" like IRA that you are presenting, nothing compares to the examples that we have seen presented by the other extremists/fundamentalists even in recent times. Yes I am fully aware that ther are various types of myslim. I am not preaching for the war of christians vs muslims. I also have known some Iranian muslims who were very nice people. Point being that we were discussing extremist muslim factions. No I do not approve of the American actions and their arrogance however someone managed to wind them up to this. I don't think much of UN myself as they do not seem to represent unbiased and equal standard in dealing with all the countries equally. Your comments seem highly in line with the carrent PC climate. Its time to open your eyes and see the facts.
Regards.