PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Next Wave of Boat People…?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2001, 05:23
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

As usual some good stuff from Wiley and Gaunty, but I do need to clarify some of the more extreme responses:

Compression Ratio says: >>These people are of the Muslim faith and this is just not compatible with western culture and never will be,.<<

Absolute Crap!! The Moslem faith is entirely compatible with Western Culture. Perhaps you cannot grasp that it is the interpretations of the ideals by individuals that pervert the belief so much. Christians are guilty of this too. EXTREMISTS are what is wrong here, not any particular religion.

Then compression ratio said: >>[Moslems] perception of the value of life is completely different, they believe flying hi-jacked jets into buildings and killing 7000+ people, will get them into Allah's magic kingdom<<

Again – Absolute crap! Moslems, in fact, DO NOT believe in flying hi-jacked jets into buildings. Do Christians believe in blowing up the London Underground? No? Perhaps you can see that extremists are to blame, not their cultural background/religion.

Compression Ratio also said: >> Now there are 20,000 more people willing to die for the arab cause<<.

You guessed it – Absolute Crap! ? Who are the Arabs? What is “the arab cause”? Given that the Taliban are NOT Arabic at all, do you have any idea what you are on about? Arab is a word for an ethnic derivation (such as Afghan), not a belief, a cuture, etc. The Arab (as is Afghan, Indian, Turk, Russian, etc) community is made up of many different ethnic origins. For example, can you tell me which of the following nations is NOT Arabic: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, or Iran? Did you know that Arabs CREATED a lot of our current culture? I say again – this war is against EXTREMISTS, not against Arabs, Moslems, the Middle East, or any other group you would like to blame because you have failed to grasp the situation.

Heavy Metal says: >>I have no knowledge of any other religion on the face of this earth that asks the faithfull to go and KILL others. So call me dumb, but somehow I don't see the PEACE LOVING people in muslims.<<

OK, you asked for it – you are DUMB!! Lets start with Christianity: “We will fight terrorism…there will be American casualties…[but] we will be relentless in our pursuit…God willing. God bless America” George Dubya Bush – 17th Sept 2001. Just about every religion on earth has been used as a rallying call to “go kill others”, and Christianity is certainly one of them.

Heavy Metal also said: >>4.How come that other rich muslim countries like Saudi Arabia do NOT help poor muslim countries? This question has been asked a muslim by a friend and the replay given was "because they have no such obligation to help each other"!! Amazing!! They have obligation to participate in the "holly wars" but not to help each other in need<<

“Amazing”??? It is amazing that you justify this crap. Why do we not go to the aid of poor Christian countries? It took us 30 years to help East Timor – and when we did, it sure helped our Oil Treaty! Many other examples of this, I am sure. But what about Saudi? They DO give money to poorer nations, they do pay the UN (or are you suggesting their money should only go to Islamic countries?). What obligation should there be between Muslim nations to help each other? Does some obligation between Christian nations exist? Please explain.

Did you know that there are many types of Islam, similar to the types of Christianity (such as Mormons, Jesuit, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, etc)? How could we bandy all these factions together like you seem to freely do with Islam? Should we go to war against all Roman Catholics every time an IRA bomb goes off? Get a grip. Better still, get an education Pauline.

Here is the start of your education: From Fartsock:

>>The reality is that the vitriol and hate that comes out of Usama Bin Laden and his Al-Queda cronies has about as much to do with the Koran / Hadith and Sunna as the Spanish Inquisition or the Branch Dividians had to do with the basic principles of christianity.
The sooner the moderate world, from all religions realises that, the faster and better we will be able to wipe the terrorists off the face of the earth.<<

Hear Hear!!

The only thing we should be extreme about is extremists!!
….and aquaducts.