PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We should ask for more money
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2005, 09:19
Maximum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you can accelerate a car round a corner while changing gear, swithching to full beam, chat on your handfree mobile phone while looking out for hazards the whole time you have the co-ordination to use both hands and feet for different tasks at the same time and could probably be taught to fly - how quickly is a different matter, especially with the lack of continuity some people have due to time/financial reastraints
Ropey, there you go again. And you don't say to what standard of flying you're referring - I'm interested - first solo? PPL? single? twin? turboprop? jet? CPL? IMC? IR? And remember, coming out of training with a shiny new F-ATPL/IR puts you on the absolute bottom rung of the commercial aviation ladder. No proof that someone has what it takes to actually be a competent airline Captain at some point in the future.

I base my argument on my experience of seeing plenty of people fall by the wayside all along the career path. For example, even some experienced first-officers fail to become Captains. Just one example.

And I'm not talking about the ATPL groundschool here - you seem to focus on that more than the flying. The ATPL groundschool has so little to do with the real world.

Your contention that the ability to drive a car is on a par with being a professional airline pilot remains, in my opinion, invalid.

How can you hope to have decent terms and conditions throughout your career with an attitude like that? Airline bosses will be laughing all the way to the bank....................