PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2005, 09:17
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, not really, I've just been in it for a long time and see it for the job it is.

I really, really do sympathise for those cadets/Low hour guys who are stuck on the bottom rung. I also have a great deal of respect for those with the balls to follow their wishes and outlay huge sums of money in the pursuit of their 'dream' career. We need more of this calibre of people in this country rather than those who draw the dole 'cause it's all too difficult'.

What I don't have time for is those people who willingly enter into a contract with blatantly poor T & C's, sign on the dotted line and then complain when they are left hanging at the whim of poor management.

As to the erosion of T & C's you are quite correct, they have been eroded across the board, but sit back and think where the erosion comes from. FR churns out disgruntled pilots, not all of them, true, but a fair few who then fill up the next airline and the next and the next. A surplus of any commodity will lead to it's reduction in value.

So, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the pilots per se but I am telling those who entered this willingly to, maybe, next time have a closer look at the small print.

And generally I've always been a very mellow chap to fly with, no complaints yet

Have fun