PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASA - the Cessnock Space Academy - roll call
Old 8th Dec 2005, 01:18
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well put Capt Claret.

A poor tradesman does blame his tools, Ronnie, but that wasn't really the case. All be it many moons ago, being sent out on a dual PPL navs when the conditions were woeful, knowing the task could not be achieved but the instructor demanding we go simply so he could get that 0.7 hrs logged is what irked me. I was paying for his experience / log book time.

Having been picking up glasses all night, turning up prepped, planned and ready to go for the week old scheduled lesson only to be changed without notice and me sent packing home. That happened countless times. 1.5 hrs round trip.

Instructors teaching commercial ops with no commercial ops experience themselves. Able to regurgitate Trevor Thom ad nausium but unable to answer the "Why?" questions.

The overseas cadets getting treated like gold and given priority over all things living.....

No, you don't just turn up with a few $$ and expect that CPL and MECIR to fall in your lap, but some kind of professionalism and downright courtesy was.

I must say that NACA / CATA was not the only school I saw this from but was one of the leaders in the pack.

Flying schools as a result have always been a pet dislike for me in the way so many of them are "sausage factories". Sell the dream, take your money...... In Aust I reckon there are about 5 civil flying schools worth their salt. Just a personal opinion.