PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HAI graduates/Offshore pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2005, 20:22
Spunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I'm not an Ex-HAI-Student. No, I've never been there, can't say anything about the quality of training over there. But for one particular reason I keep recommending them to those who ask me about a good and honest flight school in the US...

A couple of years back HAI was on a promo tour. Me, having finished my flight training in the US a couple of month earlier with a different school (I have to add that I wasn't too happy with my choice of flight school) I sneaked into their seminar pretending to be interested in their ab initio traing course.

I was listening very carefully and was waiting for them to start bull sh****** the potential clients.

The unexpected happened. They were honest and no promises were made. They didn't tell you that your ppl(h) would cost x amount of money (based on the minimum required hours) but told you that the average student might take a little bit longer and that for that reason you might have to spend some extra money.
They pointed out all the additional costs (especially for foreign students) e.g. housing, living costs, books, visa, medical etc.).

Of cause at one stage questions about jobs were made but no empty promises were made.

All being said I wish I would have known them before I started my training. Things would have been much easier.

So, is Camillus still hanging around there???