PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASA - the Cessnock Space Academy - roll call
Old 7th Dec 2005, 10:25
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree with the nay sayers.

I started at NASA in June '83 in Orange Flight and was the first graduate from CATA in March '84, the name change occuring at the beginning of 1984 I think.

As a 26 year old with two children and a spouse I couldn't afford to repeat, and have no doubt that had I gone to the local aero club all the mundane domestic things would heve gotten in the way.

As it was, I spent my $17k and for 9 months worked hard and obtained a CPL. Nothing less than I contracted with Sparkie.

My first full time employment was back there in '86 as a raw Grade 3, and I consider that I was very fortunate to work under a true professional in one, B Fooks.

I didn't feel short changed by any of my instructors. I didn't short change any of my students.

This isn't to say that the place was perfect. It wasn't. Just like no employer I have ever worked for has been perfect. There are good and bad points about them all, as there probably are about all employers world wide.

As an after thought, it's quite probable that none of my employers have found me the perfect employee, either! Life's a two way street, most of the time.