PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2005, 09:15
sydney s/h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Webbing loop,

Just correct me on something. Your entitled to a break after 6hrs...but..is that flying or the total duty? If it's flying then unfortunatley that doesnt probably count.

Dont worry...we get something called MBNT (Meal break not taken) - not sure if you guys get them in L/H - i'm presuming not. Basically after a certain amount of hrs..i think its about 8 or so hours you get paid a meal penalty as you havent had a chance to eat - thats if you dont get a down time of 1hr on the ground to enjoy your snack box.

On the PER returns we used to get the MBNT penalty because you never got your 1hr on the ground to enjoy your break... but the buggers took that off us. It was worth about $70 in the hand - not bad. Now QF say that we have time on the ground - despite the fact we have cleaners, caterers etc etc onboard.

Anyway... if your entitled to a break then certainly raise it with someone. Claim your money or whatever you can.

Per returns do suck but they are an easy way for us to get hours up quickly over the month to get you up to your 123hrs - therefore more days off!

I think they would be similiar to 4day LAX's in terms of seniority.

And whats this about the S/H EBA? I can assure you we have been told NOTHING by the FAAA. Not even what the topics of negotiations are. We are all still waiting. If you know something then feel free to spill the beans......