PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air 320 Rostering!!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2005, 08:30
Gobble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not meaning to add salt to the wounds....

Have heard very recently a number of B767 FO's who are junior to quite a few of the A320 FO's in terms of date of final line check will be superceding them and moving onto the 330/340 very shortly due to an excess on the 767.

I do hope this is nothing more than an awful rumour. Someone please set me straight.

If it does come to light this is in fact the truth then it smacks as typical GF policy, the type they are so famous for....

"lets see how hard we can work these poor suckers, see how much abuse and stuffing around they can take, promise them better things and then turn around at the last minute and snatch it out of reach of there hungry mouths! HA Ha Ha.... It's great playing God with peoples lives and careers in GF management Ha Ha Ha...""

Very cynical comment I know, but it does indeed appear to be the way things are handled around the place and reading Scans post earlier and talking to old timers on the block, appears to be a deeply ingrained part of life at GF. It will not change.
It appears to be reaching that stage of the game where you 'vote with your feet'.

I know for a fact that three guys recently employed are in the hold pool of various other major carriers and will be handing in their 'boots' very shortly. All three when joining this Company in the past 15 months were all looking at playing here long term and had no intention to come, take a Type Rating and leave.
A shame, a real shame to see things move in this direction.

Someone put me straight and tell me this latest is nothing more than a wild rumour.... PLEASE!