PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASA - the Cessnock Space Academy - roll call
Old 7th Dec 2005, 07:41
Dambuster

My memory of NASA/CATA was refuelling there in a Mooney 201 coming back from Mt Isa to Bankstown and dropping in for a fuel stop after diverting around weather.

A teenager in a C210 rocked up, dropped some guys off and tried unsuccessfully to start his engine in the 35 degree hot weather.
Poor guy almost drained his battery and a group of NASA/CATA students just sat there laughing, gorking and making fun of this guy quite verbally.

I walked up to the pilot, got him to wait a few minutes to rest the battery and suggested purging the fuel lines of any hot vapours before restarting.
As per the hot starting method (which this poor guy didnt know with some 5 hours on type) the engine sprung to life first time.
The C210 pilot gave me a huge smile and a big thumbs up in appreciation.

It gave me great pleasure walking up and giving the NASA/CATA student experts a real mouthful for their deplorable behaviour.
These wimps just sat there and shut right up like the schoolgirls they were.

I know their type isnt the norm, but it gave me real satisfaction righting a wrong IMHO.

DB.

Rockarpee..........IT WORKED FOR ME TOO !!!