PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASA - the Cessnock Space Academy - roll call
Old 7th Dec 2005, 01:30
Thumbs up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always a lot of knockers of the old NASA,almost always from people who never set foot at Cessnock.
For me, it was great!!.
Just after finishing there I got an instructor rating and then went through the instructor ranks at a flying school and got a good insight into the workings of a lot of other flying schools.It always amazed me how slack flying training (generally) on the outside was.

T.M.PINK;you're right, you were a naive 17 year old.Perhaps you should have done a bit more research or more particularly, your old man.To the best of my knowledge NASA didn't do instrument ratings.Nevertheless most came away from there with just a bare Commercial licence and managed to get jobs and work their way up.Generally the ones' that dropped out or didn't continue flying afterwards were the ones' that going bush or to PNG or wherever was all to hard.
So Sparky wasn't a prick,you just gave up, and that 3.5 grand you forfeited would have been notified to you in your contract.Unlike a normal flying school they just couldn't slot someone else in to take your place,they relied on you to stay for the duration.

A great place that did a good job and there are thousands of Pilots working around the world who would agree.