PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We should ask for more money
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 22:25
Vampy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have yet to see a doctor on "sh*t money"...!
Just a small point but one I feel needs to be raised nonetheless. Please define "sh*t money" Junior doctors earn maybe 22k-26k a year (pounds). What do they have to work to get this you ask? How about regular 80hr working weeks? How about working weekends from Friday night at 7pm to Monday morning at 8am with an hours rest grabbed whenever possible? How about putting up with drunken and abusive patients who have just been rolled in from pub fights, street brawls etc etc. Not just having to listen to their abusive and threatening language but some of them even being physically assaulted? For me 100k a year would be "sh*t money" in those conditions! And I'm sure many people would want much, much more before they even entertained the thought of working in those conditions! I frankly can't be ar$ed looking back to see who made the above statement, but whoever it is needs to remove their head from their ar$e, come back down to earth and realise what a pretty good deal the vast majority of aviation people are on compared to people in the real world!

(ATCO who's take home is around k2.5 a month.......and guess what, I'm HAPPY with that!)