PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Revision (Ex4. Effects of controls)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 22:01
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fanpilot,

Concerning your notes for Ex 4, I remember Mike Green was adamant that the diagram etc was for "Further Effects of Collective Lever" not "Auto-Rotation". He said you shouldn't be mentioning autos at that point, just explaining the freewheel system that comes into play when you fully lower the lever.

As for Ex 7, it sounds OK to me, except I don't think you say anything about closing the throttle, then during the recovery, opening it to join the needles, not just raising the lever. But it's a bit late now, and I'm tired, and I may have missed it in your post. I'll get out my notes when I have time and go over it properly.

Yes, you're welcome to contact me about any of this; it'll help me too. My 70 hours have been mainly trial lessons, so I'm fairly rusty on the other stuff too, though I took one student right through to first solo.

Are you attending a seminar too? You must be. I expect I'll have to do that too, unless I can manage to get 30 hours before April. Any recommendations?

I know the test should be straightforward, but I just dread tests, and the more I do, the worse it gets. Any cures for exam panic would be most welcome!