PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 21:34
sydney s/h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Web webbing Loop,

Just on the PER returns that you didnt enjoy.... I know they are a long day and you probably worked your butt off (i do them every so often), you talk about no crew rest. When would you have time to enjoy the crew rest?

The flying time over is usually about 4.30hrs - if its the breaky sector then i can see that you have more time to rest, but not that much time (unless you werent full - and thats rare to PER).
If its a lunch sector over then you are kept going pretty much (due to free grog) and you would get approx 30mins break each if you work it right.

The way home, flying is usually up to 1hr shorter and you certainly dont get alot of down time - especially if your working up the front. So whats the issue with a crew rest? You dont have time to enjoy it anyway!

No arguement that you need a crew rest on your longhaul sectors throughout the middle of the night - i'm jealous you get to have a bed and lay down! Goodluck to you!

We do a nasty "international" flight from ADL-AKL-ADL that is a 12hr duty all through the night on a crappy 737-800. Trust me - there's no crew rest on those little things - just 2 economy chairs that are in the back row against the rear dunny!

You want "your" international flying - take that one...it's all yours!