PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 21:19
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think about the wider implications before you vote on anything...

At the moment CSM's and CSS's are all employed in Australia except for the self contained london base that we never cross crew with.

If the company uses an all Kiwi crew on the NYC shuttles that will go to 5 per week it will cause them to recruit more. It will mean further assigned LSL to Aussie crew as it will increase the excess.

Under the New IR laws the redundancy payments are nothing like what we have become used to. I for one dont want to be made redundant with 8 weeks pay.

If they use all Kiwi cabin crew then the CSM and CSS will slip in NYC.. This will increase pressure on the company to promote the Kiwi Base to CSM and CSS. Then listen to the screams from LH crew.

Currently we have an agreement that stops the company from employing CSM and CSS overseas. Who knows whether that will have any validity under the new laws.

Lowerlobe and others when listening to you i am reminded of King Canute who sat his throne infront of the sea and instructed it to turn back. Had he not had the common sense to move he would have drowned.

What is needed now is some level headed thinking. We can be replaced in a nano second by Jetstar international crew on a fraction on the pay and i do not want to give the company any inicentive to do it.

If i can make a few changes now then so be it. The FRA trip is legal, the london trip is legal the NYC shuttle is done by dispensation, and we keep the work and the overtime and get a minumum 36 hour slip after it.

We have always done hard sectors and its going to get hard again, hopefully we can live to fight another day when there is a change of goverment.

Dont throw your jobs out the window by listening to those who are so angry that they have lost perspective.

The FAAA officials cannot afford to lose their calm heads at this time, they cannot allow themselves to listen to the small minority like lowerlob.

All the crew i talk to are greatly concerened about job security more than anything else.

Lowerlobe your belief that fighting against Qantas and refusing reasonable changes in order to stop them from geting rid of us and replacing us with cheaper workers is flawed.

This dispensation is about sending a signal to Qantas that we are flexible. If the vote goes down lowerlobe and the company choose to recruit overseas crew to do the shuttle and everything that the union predicts occurs..will you identify yourself and resign???